Sunday 25 November 2012

Technology Assessment

This is a video presentation of an assessment of technology tools that we learned about and used throughout our ED 271 course.  They were chosen from a list of "The 100 Best Web 2.0 Classroom Tools Chosen By You" by Jeff Dunn.

My favourite technology tool and the one that I use on a daily basis is Google Suite.  I love all the features that Google offers and I know I will definitely continue to use it and expand my use of when once I become a teacher.  This first video illustrates  my reasons for giving Google Suite a rating of 5 out of 5.

The next video assesses and rates other technology tools that I have used and explains their use, some positives of the technology tool and some of the cons and then it gives a rating of each.

Most of the tools like Wiggio, Wix and Livebinders are tools that I will utilize to their fullest.  They have already been very helpful with assignments, presentations, and group projects in other classes.  I know that these and other technology tools will continue to be a valuable resource for me in my teaching career.

As future educators it is important that we continue to educate ourselves with the various types of technological tools available because in the near future we are going to have to align our teaching and curriculum with the new Common Core State Standards and technology is viewed as an important element to use in the classroom in order to make sure our students have the skills they need in this rapidly growing technological society.

No comments:

Post a Comment